Monday, July 19, 2010

Indulgence #2 - The Low Down

Oh jeez, where to start with this one? Well, what I decided to have for my indulgence ... Chick-fil-a chicken sandwich, medium McyD's fries, one small square of intense dark chocolate (72% cacao) & one beer (Dixie Blackened Voodoo Lager).

Let's start with the fast food experience. I was super hungry by the time I got around to driving thru for these items. I visited McDonald's first, ordered my medium fry for $1.92! Did you know that's how much a medium fry costs these days??? WTF? It was one of those double drive-thrus, you know, where there's a place for two cars to order at the same time. There's a certain order to these types of drive-thru, car from Lane 1 goes, Lane 2, Lane 1, Lane 2, you get my drift. Well, I was rudely and obviously cut-off by a lady (beeeoootch) who gave me the hand when I gave her my horn. The HAND!!! Really? OMG! Welcome to McDonald's people. Took me 10 minutes to get my $2 fries. Then, headed to Chick-fil-a, right down the road. I waited 15 minutes for my chicken sandwich, all the while snacking on fries and burning fossil fuels. I never finished the fries. They got cold and gross. They were good for about 5 seconds and I threw them away after this picture. The sandwich was good, but not worth 15 minutes and $3. In the time it took me to obtain these two items, I could've cooked my lunch for today. I honestly found myself craving the shrimp, spinach, bok choy, mushroom, sun-dried tomato pasta concoction that I dreamed up over the fast food. Cool. I like it! True progress, people! I'm glad I chose fast food as my indulgence...since it's the one thing I really wanted to give a test run. I now know that it will be easy for me to cut it out of my life. Oh, and it did not wreck my digestive system or really even make me tired, which was surprising.

Now, the dark chocolate square, that's another story entirely! It was pure joy in my mouth. Oh god, I wish I'd had a quality glass of red wine to wash it down with....mmmmm, mouth watering. And, the beer:


'Twas also pure heaven! Dixie Blackened Voodoo Lager, bought on a recommendation from a co-worker. Quite tasty, especially after being in my freezer for an hour. I still love beer and dark chocolate. Not so much with the fast food, though.

7 comments:

  1. beer and dark chocolate: sustainable pcp indulgences!
    fast food: forget it!

    sounds like a 100% successful indulgence, jenny. NICE!

    and p.s. you look really pretty in that picture with the beer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. dark chocolate and beer are both real food! Amazing how a clean running body knows the difference immediately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, awesome! My husband eats dark chocolate with a glass of red wine every evening, and it is truly a lovely snack.

    So interesting how the whole experience of fast food was kind of a bummer -- sitting in the car, angry people, took a long time even though it's "fast." I never ate fast food when I lived in NYC but started up again when I moved back to Kentucky, and I always felt slightly depressed and seedy to be going through that line. Sounds like you're experiencing some real change!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both beer and dark chocolate : )

    First food is making us live short life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so true abotu the time. By the time you've gotten in the car, driven there, waited behind 7 cars all buying like $25 worth of food (at least that's how it is here) and then driven home, you could have totally made a delicious meal in the same ammount of time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha i love that!! it's interesting how my last indulgence when i tried shit like cookies and cakes i thought it was so dull, but when i put the chocolate in my mouth, PURE ORGASMIC BLISS. IT WILL never go bad or go uncraved now and again. haha. I find I only crave salads and apples now adays. and then once and a while chocolate. SO WE ARE PROGRESSING JENNY

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, so your experience confirmed the positive effects of the PCP diet! That's great news, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete