Sunday, July 4, 2010

Day 34 - I CAN FLY & Indulgence #1

Ok, PCP, kiddos! Here's my Peachtree Road Race Story. To the left you'll see me at 6:30 AM this morning with my running mates, Chuck & Leslie. Don't we look fresh and clean, clean?! That's right, I wore a pink disco ball on my head! It was fabulous and made me run faster. :)

So, let me just cut to the chase. I just ran the fastest 10K in my life, ever! 60:25. I totally blew the first mile off, cruising along with my friends but bursting with energy. At mile 1.25ish, I was like, ummmm, so, how would y'all feel about me taking off and meeting y'all at the end? I proceeded to bounce down Peachtree in record time. Honestly, if I'd tried, I think I could have finished in 58ish range. My previous fastest time was 62ish and NOT in the Peachtree. The Peachtree is a slow race for multiple reasons, mostly b/c you're swerving around walkers or slower runners the ENTIRE time but also b/c around mile 3 there's Cardiac Hill. It's not a flat race or all downhill. So, to get my fastest time on that course, well, it's a big deal for me. And, ultimately, it PROVES that this training is working. I'm getting stronger. I never thought I'd run a 10K in under an hour.

Also, maybe this shirt had a bit to do with it:



Now, onto the post-race indulgence:



That is a Stone Ruination IPA, 22 oz. I am writing this post post-Ruination. I'm doing ok, not sick. Just tipsy and ready for a nap. And, for post-race Indulgence #2:


That's right, that shirt says, "I run so I can eat WAFFLE HOUSE." Just in case you couldn't read it....here's what I ate:




And, it was SOOOOO GOOOOOOOOD!!!! Sausage, Oh, God! How I love thee!!! That's a sausage, egg & cheese sandwich. I know, it's so simple looking but so full of flavor. I can't help it, I'm a true Southern girl. I love my Waffle House, but I also absolutely love being FAST and STRONG & bouncing down Peachtree like Tigger on crack. So, only in small doses sausage, egg & cheese, just enough to appreciate you.

Now, back to the grindstone. I've got some serious veggies to consume this afternoon. Happy Indepence Day, y'all!

7 comments:

  1. Wow, that is all fabulous! Love the t-shirts and the disco ball on your head. I've thought about heading out for a run and seeing if it's any easier now that I'm a little lighter and stronger. I think you gave me the answer! Congrats and so glad you enjoyed your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tell runners this all the time. Build lean muscle over your entire body and you'll get wicked fast. But they never believe me! Spread the word!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your race! The disco ball is awesome. I'm surprised you're just tipsy from the beer. The Ruination is enough to do it for me on a regular basis not even when I haven't drank in 30 days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha congradulations with your speedy results!
    and mm sandwhich! run run run run FASTER
    SPEED OF LIGHT! UNTIL YOU BOUNCE OFF WATER LIKE A STONE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your T shirt "I RUN SO I CAN EAT waffle house"
    When I was running wih my running buddies we always said "We run so we can EAT & DRINK" and we actually ate a lot and drunk so much beer. Not good.
    60:25 with Cardiac Hill is very gooood!!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thats awesome, dont think i could run 10kms! cool t shirts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marvelous marvelous marvel of a peaking woman.

    ReplyDelete