Thursday, July 15, 2010

Day 45 - Halfway Pressies

Yeeesss! These came in the mail just in time to be my halfway awards. Look at the cute pink embroidery in my gloves!! God, I'm so easy to please sometimes. On top of those pressies, my pull-up bar should get here tomorrow. I can hang it up in my barn just in time for kung-fu sit-ups. Awesome.

Some randomness to share:

1) The non-randomness of my drive to Belize. I mean, I suppose up and driving to Belize would seem random to someone in JAPAN. However, for a graduate student who did her master's research there in 2004 and has been back at least twice a year for the past 6 years, well, not as random. I will devote a full future post to my history in Belize, and why it will be a particularly difficult challenge diet-wise.

2) When I look at my shoulder in the mirror, I can see the striations of my deltoid through my skin! It's fascinating.

3) I think I'm starting to prefer raw egg whites. Whoa! I started by hiding raw egg in my evening snack smoothie...didn't seem too bad. I decided I needed to just drink it straight up with a little cinnamon and see how that treated me. I conquered the mental revulsion of the sliminess and just drank it and focused on the taste. It was a rather nice taste, MUCH better than boiled egg whites. I still like soft-boiled eggs if I can have the runny yolk to cover the white, but I may convert to a raw egg drinker/eater. Huh, who'd thunk it?

Ok, I think that covers my thoughts for the day. Good day all in all, now ready for a GOOD, long night's rest. And, maybe some reading before the light's go out! :)

4 comments:

  1. omg, jenny! i just finally looked at your day 42 pictures - you are queen of the abs!! and your arms have great definition too. niiiice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Jenny, your abs, your arms!!!
    BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cool, half day prezzies! i just got my new pullup bar too! yep your looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've got one of my favorite books in the whole world right there. The gloves will help your hands and the book will help everything else!

    ReplyDelete