Friday, July 30, 2010

Day 60B - Ready for the road!

Ah, what a nice, leisurely day of getting ready to leave tomorrow. I still need to pack clothes, but everything is basically ready to go. Here's the food I'm taking on this journey starting with the protein! On the left, baked chicken cutlet in a balsamic marinade to go on sandwiches, grilled shrimp basted with olive oil, garlic, sherry and white pepper. Weighed and individually packaged.

Eggs.
Milk and yogurt.
Some carbs (oatmeal pre-weighed for 3 days).

Fruit.
Veggies! Washed, chopped, some steamed or baked already.

Some beverages. That coffee actually just came to me from Colombia and now I'm taking it back to Belize. Most well-traveled coffee ever!


A couple of indulgences. I got both of these at the beginning of PCP. I've used that much in 2 months.

Oh, and one last thing.
Ha! That's Hershey! See, he does what Naoko's dog does...belly up, baby! It's hot. :)

And, I promised to give you guys a taste of what I'm listening to during workouts, to complement Tara's post.

Akon - I just love Akon, specifically Right Now & Beautiful at the moment, but love deep cuts from his albums, too. I know, weird, right.

Bloc Party, MGMT, Phoenix, all of the same genre. I just listen to whole albums.

Daft Punk - One More Time, Around the World

Feist - I Feel It All, Sea Lion Woman

Flo Rida - Low!

Florence & the Machine - this whole album is amazing, but Kiss With a Fist is a great workout song, also like Dog Days Are Over and Cosmic Love

Ghostland Observatory - Rich Man, Silver City, Vibrate, Sad Sad City, Paparazzi Lightning (from Austin, TX)

Girl Talk - Feed the Animals (whole album)

Goldfish - The Real Deal, Sold My Soul, (South African DJs)

Gwen Stefani - whatever, just love her, but Rich Girl is a good workout song

Ke$ha - Tik Tok (I just can't help myself)

Kid Cudi - Soundtrack to My Life, Day & Night, Pursuit of Happiness

Nas and Damian Marley - As We Enter, Patience (kind of a slow song but a remake of the absolutely mesmerizing song Sabali by Amadou & Miriam, has a nice beat, the original song always makes my heart soar)

Ratatat - many albums

Josh Ritter - The Curse, okay, not a workout song at all but it's an impressive song. If you don't cry when you hear this song and really listen to it, you have no soul. It's beautiful, emotional and amazing (to me, anyway).

Okay, I really think I'm signing out for real this time. Leaving the laptop behind!! Taking many books. Day 60! What a great day to take the PCP on the road. Peace!

5 comments:

  1. Hershey is so adorable !

    And I like Ke$ha, too.

    Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bon voyage! Safe travels! Happy eating, with all that gorgeous food!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so well prepared! I'm so glad you had the extra day and you're leaving on such a great note. We will miss your posts, but can't wait to hear all about it when you are back!

    p.s. i love love love Florence & The Machine! That album got me thru a tough time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That belly just screams PET ME! Is Hershey really going with you? I love a road trippin meow.

    Love the prepped food pics. You've got me totally thinking about going to Belize. A bunch of friends go often for diving. I'm not that into the sport but everything you describe sounds glorious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here's a link to the video of that Josh Ritter song (I ADORE Josh Ritter) -- one of his band members is also a puppeteer and made this gorgeous little film. Killer.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxWxiuJRApU

    Looks like you are incredibly well prepared! Hope it's a wonderful trip, look forward to hearing about it when you're reconnected.

    ReplyDelete