Saturday, July 3, 2010

Day 32? nope 33! - In the ATL

Howdy y'all! I've moved the PCP operation northwards to my old stompin' grounds, Marietta, GA. The weather is fabulous! Breezy and cool, less humid. I had an AMAZING jumping session this morning. I walked down to the cemetary (yes, morbid but it has a big figure 8 loop that allows for walking/running) with my folks and did my jumps while they ran/walked. The flat surface of the pavement made for more efficient jumping. I have been jumping in my yard, the uneven ground makes me more inefficient than I figured, must fix this somehow. I'll start working on it. Anyway, I did over 500 in a row, quickly. Getting good, baby, getting good.

Then, we walked to the elementary school, which has the perfect low tech set-up for the PCP exercises. Pull up bars, places to do chest dips, inclined sit-ups, blah, blah, blah, all the good stuff. I attemped my first real pull-up today. I went nowhere...my dad assisted me in doing some full pull-ups (like 6), but it was hard. It's time to get a bar installed at my house. That'll happen this week. My pull-up failure reminded me that I've come a long way, but have a LONG, LONG way to go. Motivated me to work harder. I got some serious, serious burn with katanas today (I changed out for Day 34 so I can go down and do the chest exercises at the school equipment tomorrow) ... bowed to the PCP gods on my knees. Oh Gods, make me strong and flexible so I can kick some vampire ass (Been watching Buffy series from Episode 1, awesome) Good suggestion on katanas, Patrick. Still struggling with V-sits, they made me angry this morning. I'll keep at 'em!!! Having fun! Woohoo!

One last thing, I've been extremely, extremely hungry before bedtime the past couple nights. It's been difficult to fall asleep b/c of the hunger. Can I eat extra veggies? Should I eat some fruit? Drink a glass of milk? I need to SLEEP!! Must build muscle!!! How can I not be so hungry? Help ME!!!!

Ok, guys, the Peachtree Road Race is tomorrow. Wish me a fast run! I'll probably at least eat some carbs tonight with my veggies, just to have some energy reserve tomorrow. But, not too much. It'll be my last serious run till the end of the PCP, any future runs will be nice and casual.

Have a nice 4th, those PCPers that celebrate it. And, welcome to the new folks!! Look forward to reading your blogs.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck on tomorrow's run, Jenny! You'll rock it, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete