Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Day 58 - Crash


The crash came...last night. It was an intense crash, too. I haven't been that exhausted since I started PCP. I was so tired that I wouldn't allow myself to even turn on my computer. I got home around 8:15 PM, took a cold shower, cooked dinner and dozed while intermittently sipping on my evening snack and visiting with my foster cats. Despite the 88.5 F temperature in my bedroom at 10 PM, I fell asleep almost instantly when I hit the pillow.

Many things contributed to my exhaustion, no doubt. Not enough sleep. The hot temperatures. It's out of control hot right now. Usually this time of year, we have daily afternoon showers to cool things off for bedtime, but we haven't seen rain in over a week. Everyday it doesn't rain it gets a little hotter in my house. I biked around a lot in the heat yesterday. Don't worry, Deb! I'm staying well hydrated. :) I'm also starting to get down to the wire for this Belize trip. I'll write a more in depth post tonight or tomorrow, I expect, but I leave Friday morning! It's coming up so fast. I've done a lot of planning for the food situation, and I think I'm gonna be fine. Some compromises will have to be made, but for the most part, I can pack everything I need. Soon, I will be on island time (my favorite time) reading a book, swinging in a hammock and sipping on fresh coconut water brought to me by my beautiful rasta friend. Here's a pic from last summer. Actually, in this picture, we'd been planting corn all morning and were soaked by a pretty heavy rain. We look a little rough, but happy! :)


Couple other random thoughts...I know, I know, I think of all these things through the day and I HAVE to share. My hair is growing fast! A friend suggested it's all the egg whites? I figured out what gives me the most horrendous gas, KALE! OMG! It's raunchy. Disgusting. I love kale, but I don't know, I might have to take it off the menu. Other random thoughts, my libido's been especially out of control the last couple days. I find myself just staring at pics of Damian Marley and dreaming of wrapping his dreads around my entire body. I'm sure some of you are grossed out by the thought of a cocoon out of dreads, but trust me, those dreads are clean! and erotic. Dude, I need to get laid. I leave you with this:


And this:


OMG! Yep, need to get laid. It's official. Have a beautiful day, PCP lovies!

4 comments:

  1. Yeah. I've had several crashes lately. Times where I was so tired I felt like standing was a chore. What is the body saying?

    That's the thing I'm wondering - what is the body saying? Maybe it is simply the body saying "I'm tired." "I need somebody to take me and lay down and love me and then I need a long long sleep."

    The body is so simple. The mind makes it complex.

    You're on a roll lately in terms of thinking - contemplating - changing. I think there is something profound happening to you and maybe your body needs a little more rest (and love) to cope with the change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If that's you really need, you will have it. You'll be fine.
    I think I have lost my libido. When it's gone, life is easy but I miss the intimacy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear ya on the libido front!!! heeheehee

    ReplyDelete