Monday, July 26, 2010

Day 56 - MOVE



I love this man. I want to marry him. Interesting fact: that dude waving the flag is at every concert, waving the flag. What a crazy job!

Let me preface this post by telling y'all that I work 3 jobs. One, I teach Biology labs to undergrads at the University of Florida. This is my teaching assistantship. Two, I work 10 hours a week as an office assistant in the Environmental Horticulture department on campus. Three, I work at a law publishing firm, where I index Florida administrative law cases and put them together for publication. I do this for monetary reasons, mostly. I actually could just work two of the jobs and get by without a problem, but I'm doing a damn good job at paying down some debt right now. I don't mind temporarily busting my ass for this worthy cause. Also, there is relief on the horizon. I started the application process for my second tour with Peace Corps back in February and expect to be getting an invitation to a country in SE Africa (probably Malawi) in the next month or two. My assignment should start next spring. I'll have PLENTY of spare time when I get to Peace Corps, and actually, part of my reason for doing PCP was to get a routine that I could take with me overseas. Something that would keep me from gaining weight in the same way I did last time I served.

SO, I was sitting at the law job this morning, and my body was all antsy. It was like it was mad at me for not doing my normal strength training. I tried to tell it that it was a rest day and that wasn't it enough that I'd jumped, done 8-minute abs AND hung futilely from the pull-up bar a couple times. I said, "TAKE A BREAK, BODY! It's okay." Now, I'm at the Env. Hort. job, writing this blog like a bad little girl and my body is all stiff. It wants so badly to get up and MOVE. Glad I rode my bike in today. I can satisfy the urge to move in a few minutes. Point is, I just find it interesting how much pent up energy is coarsing through my body right now. Oddly, I haven't really been getting the amount of sleep I need (6-7, not 8-9), but I still feel energetic ALL day long. No crashes, no fatigue. At least, right now. I'm sure there will come a day soon when my energy levels will drop, so I'll enjoy them while they last.

And, a few random thoughts to round out the post:

- I have 5 dozen eggs in my fridge right now. Holy crap!

- It's so hot & humid that when I wake up in the morning...my pillow is damp from my sweat. I'm actually amazed that I can get 6-7 hours of sleep in these conditions. It's all practice for the tropical heat of Belize. :)

- I've decided to attempt pull-ups everyday until I can freakin' do one. I assume this is ok.

- I ate 10 almonds today with my afternoon tea. For some reason, I could not stuff all my carbs into my belly at lunch. I forced all the veggies down because I felt like I needed them. I got pretty hungry around 4 and decided the almonds would be a nice treat. I've missed almonds. They kinda rock.

I've got nothing else and it's time to go home! Is it new diet, new exercise day??? Where did the week go???

5 comments:

  1. where do you find the time to do anything else?!?!?!? respect JH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, Jenny! Thank goodness you have all that energy - you have a lot going on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. bahaha i know, it's so amazing that I feel tremendous guilt if i miss an 8 minutes abs during a day.

    It's like DUDE, DUDE, WAIT UP, CALM down.

    it's good getting used to this as a lifestyle.

    SUCH BUSAY LADY jenny, i'll stop complaining about my job...
    ha...no i won't

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenny, you are incredible !
    You have an endless energy, I am jealous.

    And I feel insecure not having 5 dozen eggs in my fridge.... I have to go buy them !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, congrats on going BACK to the Peace Corps! That's excellent. If I weren't married with a small child, I would totally be doing that. My husband and I spent some time in Uganda a few years ago (he was working there) and LOVED it.

    Yes, definitely feeling the urge to move around on more sedentary days!

    ReplyDelete