Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Day 43 - OH GOD, WHY???

Are you allowing Yahoo to advertise Krispy Kreme doughnuts on my email sidebar??? You are a cruel, cruel, evil GOD!

Ok, over it. (Sorta)

So, is there a such thing as too many AMAYW veggies? Cause I just devoured this gigantic plate of broccoli, cauliflower and zucchini.


Would you like a side of scallops (the bay kind, Publix was out of the sea kind) with your enormous helping of vegetables? Why, yes, yes, I would. Also, my appetizer was raw carrots & raw green pepper slices. Dude, and, it did whet my appetite or turn it on. Dinner was almost as good as a hot Krispy Kreme doughnut. (Sorta, not really) ;-)

I love the scientific experiment assignment. I've totally already been doing this while standing in line to check out. I look at the people and look at what they're buying. Spying is fun! I don't take notes though...throwing a pad o' paper in my purse. Hey, can I write my dissertation on this? Patrick, will you be my new advisor? :-D Seriously though, it's a good exercise. The girl checking me out at Publix the other day actually said, "Wow! You must eat really healthy!" This was the result of the shopping list I posted Sunday. It would be nice to be able to record some other variables, like socio-economic class, for example (the anthropologist coming out in me).

Ok, a preview of days to come. In a last minute (insane) decision, I allowed a friend to talk me into helping him drive a car down to Belize. July 30-Aug. 7, I will be taking PCP on the second-world country road. 3.5 days driving, a few days to spend with my surrogate family in Belize, fly home. Ok, I'm not completely crazy, I've done this trip with this dude 3 times already, no surprises. I know what to expect. And, what to expect is one hell of a challenge trying to keep the diet in Mexico and even more so in Belize. And, Pio (my Belizean friend) will not make it easy. He will tease me about putting meat on my bones from Gainesville to the moment he drops me in Crooked Tree. That's Belize, baby, no holds barred. Grow thick skin! The wheels in my head are already turning. You will hear more about this in days to come. And, really, this is the ultimate test & challenge of the PCP for me. I wanted to do this project so I could get a routine that would travel easy, or at least travel. :) Bring it, Mexico/Belize! You can't break me! (Insha'Allah)

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for all the veggies! And, i think it's great that you're choosing to have a challenge. I am trying so hard to avoid the challenges, I'd like to face them head-on like this. You can do it! Mexico and Belize won't know what little muscular lady hit them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny, you are hilarious and awesome. I can't wait to hear about your Belizian adventures. My husband and I once hung out at Cha Creek in Cayo District for 5 days - we LOVED what we saw of Belize. Kick some ass and be strong!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Btw, I meant the girl ringing up my order, not looking me up and down hungrily! But, it sure was funny when I read it the second time 'round.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who drives to BELIZE!? Random!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmmmm....krispy kreme....I'm sure the check-out girl was checking you out!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Life is short.
    Eat well.
    Drive to Belize as often as possible.
    Be curious in checkout lines.
    Stand tall and breathe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you're like, "No biggie, driving to Belize, done it before." Fabulous!

    It is definitely going to be challenging to stick to your plan while taking that trip, but I think any real fitness plan for life has to be something you can incorporate into your life, even the exceptional times. Can't wait to see how it goes!

    ReplyDelete