Thursday, July 8, 2010

Day 38 - Torture

If, for some insane reason, I'm ever forced to torture information out of somebody, I'll break them with pistol squats. I don't think it'll take too long. Honestly, I swear, every muscle in my legs is sore, really sore. Actually, most of my muscles everywhere are sore, back, shoulders, arms, only exception, abs. They seem to be handling the bicycles and planks (not without burn, though). I broke down and took ibuprofen after today's workout. It had to be done.

Wow, this week really is a challenging week. I looked ahead and thought, damn, there's no end to the pistol squats! They just keep coming!

In the food world, gnawing on a turkey sandwich, lettuce, tomato, small amount of mustard and some quinoa tabouleh (loads of veggies, the quinoa is more of a complement, flavored with a little olive oil, parsley, green onion, fresh lemon juice, black pepper). Also, I grilled some buffalo burgers (adorable little 50g patties) last night for a change of pace from the various forms of seafood I've been eating over the past couple weeks. Broccoli & sweet potato as sides. Very American & very YUMMY! Also, seriously, if any of you can find drinkable yogurt from grass-fed cows, BUY IT! All it needs is a dash of honey to drink it straight (really, I could drink it without, I choose not to) and mixed with frozen peaches, bananas, blueberries & strawberries, it makes an AMAZING dessert with the consistency of soft-serve ice cream. No other spices necessary, another dash of honey if you want some extra sweetness, a dash though is all it needs. I'm really enjoying the diet this week. I had some fast food cravings over the weekend (why??? fast food is so gross, it should be so easy to forget) but they've subsided.

2 comments:

  1. baahaha my body cant seem to wrap around pistol squats. everytime i try to do one i just fall on the ground. i keep looking at the picture then at myself, trying to recreate it, but i clumsily try to sink lower then fall.

    i want to eat a whole buffalo right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i cant seem to get the pistol squats either, my knees click every time i go down its gross!

    ReplyDelete