Thursday, June 10, 2010

Day 10 - Good NPR day

2 inspiring NPR stories today.

#1. I was listening to a Hearing Voices Podcast at work this morning, Radio Dial was the episode. In it they interviewed this dude that records the radio signals (sounds) emitted by stars and played some of his recordings. I don't really know how to describe the beauty of star sounds, maybe think of how you would imagine the cosmos to sound, and really, that's how they sound. I was deeply moved by the knowledge that stars sing and we can hear them. I don't know why, but there is something incredibly comforting about that to me. And, it made me think of this hilarious but pretty cool video:



We are made of star stuff! Haha! Seriously, if we're made of star stuff, then we are capable of awesomeness, definitely capable of finishing the PCP successfully.

#2. Kids Kicking Cancer. Heard about this on Human Kind. Wow! Teaching kids martial arts and meditation techniques to overcome the pain of cancer and treatment, and for some, to ultimately overcome the disease. Thank you NPR for your reminder that there is much beauty in this world.

It's been a good PCP day. I've discovered that I LOVE, LOVE soft-boiled eggs, mashed up with avocado, a little black pepper and a couple teeny weeny dashes of Marie Sharp's (Belizean habanero hot sauce, yes, technically a no-no, but I equate it with mustard, it takes so little to feel the burn). Spread egg/avo mixture across a piece of wheat toast. A keeper! Also, I found a resistance band that's light enough to successfully do the shoulder work. Booyah! No longer grumpy. :)

6 comments:

  1. yes ALL STARS!

    our potential is limitless and we are on our way/are living it with health first.

    WEOOO!

    IM YOUTUBING STAR SOUNDS NOw

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing, Jenny!
    So you're counting avocado as part of your fruit allotment? Since they're kind of a strange, sometimes-fruit sometimes-veggie food I wasn't sure what to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been counting it as part of my morning veggies (with some kind of steamed veggie on the side, still working on getting through all that zucchini)...I used to mix cream cheese with my egg, so avo is a nice substitute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had avocado and tomato on toast yest morn, that was pretty good. ooh I might try the avocado and egg, sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soft-boiled eggs mashed up with avocado sound yam!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You sound like you are in such a good place today! Bravo...

    Made of star light. Absolutely.

    ReplyDelete