Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Day 23 - My dirty little secret

You ready?

Ok...here it is.

I actually think I like the diet and the workouts. OMG! I said, it ok! Even though the diet was a bit hectic at first and definitely still requires a good portion of my time. I LOVE all the food I'm eating, a lot. I still miss salt. I'm not going to lie. But, finding creative ways to cook and flavor my food without salt is FUN. I had a friend over for dinner last night. She wanted to eat what I was eating...PCP style. So, I marinated some chunked chicken breast in a balsamic based marinade, and seasoned a super fresh piece of grouper (my boss fishes and gives us fish as a perk) with dill, lemon juice & garlic. I also lightly brushed some baby bellas with an olive oil dressing and grilled it all. We had fresh sliced tomato and roasted some YUMMY potatoes with all kinds of fresh herbs I have growing in my yard. My only problem with the meal is that I couldn't EAT MORE OF IT. :) Especially the grouper.

Onto the workouts. Yes, I enjoy them. I feel good after them. Well, actually, sometimes the jump rope pisses me off. After my swim Monday morning, I wish I had a pool in my backyard to do laps in as cardio every morning, but I don't. And, for that matter, I can't carry a pool everywhere I go. The jump rope is handy in that sense. I will learn to love it, just like I learned to love and appreciate a good run.

The strength training is a completely different matter. I look forward to it. I can't wait to try some of the new stuff on our list. It's exciting. And, even when I'm cursing at the ceiling in pain, I'm secretly loving it. It's like my body is screaming, "Yes! Please! Give me more!" Perhaps I like torturing myself....well, not perhaps, I think I do like torturing myself. Being in intense, uncomfortable, even painful situations reminds me that I'm alive, maybe? I don't really know. Why do I always have to psycho-analyze myself? (See the internal dialogue happening there.)

ANYWAY, I do like being comfortable, happy, even spoiled, but at the same time, I'm not sure that I would know that I was comfortable, happy or being spoiled without really experiencing the antithesis to those feelings. And, bringing it back to this situation, all this work, effort and pain gives me more energy and makes me feel happier and more alive on a regular basis. I had a great day today. I wasn't tired at all. I wasn't really overly hungry at any point. I got some work done. I even completed a task I've been putting off for months because it just seemed so unpleasant. But, now, it's done. Weight lifted. That's right! Bring it, PCP!

And, Go TEAM SEXAAAY!!! All the pictures looked amazing this week. We are working it out!

6 comments:

  1. Wow, rock on! Now I'm even more inspired for today's workout! I'm with you on the food, I look forward to all of my meals and snacks....

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHH YOU GOT ME INSPIRED AGAIN. yes i love workout, is my new mantra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dinner sounds yummy!

    And I can feel your positive energy from this blog!!!

    Heeee Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a turning point everyone will go through, the idea that the workouts and sweat and pain are actually something you want to do, not that you have to do. It's a good sign!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenny, you are leading us all here! I still haven't reached that point of optimism, but my resistance towards the workouts is definitely lessening. And I'm loving the food too! The cravings for junk haven't gone away either, but the balance is definitely shifting. Thanks for this post -- it's really helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yesss, Jenny! I think I'm right at the edge of accepting the workouts into my beloved morning at-home routine, but the mind is fighting it ("don't we get even ONE rest daaaaay?!"). Knowing that you're there and loving it is a good reminder that I think I'm just around the corner from it too! Yay!

    ReplyDelete