Monday, June 14, 2010

Day 14 - Heat is ON!


It's summertime in Florida! No doubt. June is always the hottest month for some reason. Temp is 97 F outside (heat index 106 F) and 91.5 F (heat index f***ing HOT F) in my house. Seriously, no joke. Yes, yes, I know. I'm insane!!! Well, it keeps the electric bill mighty low, and for the most part, I acclimatize to the heat well. Meaning, I walk around in as little clothes as possible (see why I need a fabulous body???) and take multiple cold rinse offs if I'm at home. Plus, really, most of my weekdays are spent in frigid climate control. I let them pay to keep me cool. My water is back up and running, so that's good. I took a personal day from work today...we were well caught up and I barely slept last night, which really sucks! I don't know why, but my mind just would not quiet down. And, let's face it, it was pretty hot. I'm so glad today is an easier work out day. I'm hoping I fall right to sleep tonight...I usually don't have sleeping problems.

After reading the posts about my teammates cravings, I want to share my own. For some reason on Friday, I wanted some Cheddar Jack Cheez-Its something awful. I kept picturing the box and me ravaging it!! Oh GOD, they are sooooooo good. And, today, I turned down my most favoritest of chocolaty treats. A chunk of special dark Hersheys chocolate with an almond in the center. Bite sized and delicious, but I said no. :( Still sad about it. OH, and last night, I was doing laundry at a friend's house...opened her fridge to get some water and lo & behold, a beautiful cold beer beckoned me to drink it. I RAN screaming! No, no, I just poured my water and thought how nice it would be to relax my tense body after a long afternoon mowing grass in the 90 degree heat with an ice cold beer. Ah well, I need the practice saying no and learning to control my urges.

A side note, since I've cut the salt in my diet and focused on drinking mostly water and sugar free iced tea...my sweat tastes like spring water instead of ocean water. Interesting.

5 comments:

  1. Your mind will quiet down in a few more days. This is the last gasp of the strong cravings.

    Can't wait to see what you think of a Cheez it in a few months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's nice to hear, Patrick. I haven't had any cravings at all so far -- until today, when about 20 different things have been hitting me at once. I'm right there with you, Jenny! Although Cheez-its aren't my thing. I'm thinking donuts. (Lord help me.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool, about your sweat!
    I also had a weird night on Saturday when I woke up around 4am with racing thoughts. Not about PCP or food or anything, but maybe it related to a body freak out about the drastic change in input.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the promise of a quiet mind.

    It's cold up here in Vermont... part of my job is writing and I get so cold sitting here that I have to go and take a hot shower.

    Funny world.

    Last night when I was craving a big chunk of cheese I grabbed a handful of watercress (very spicy greens as I'm sure you know) and ate them. It kind of shocked me out of it. It was satisfying because it was very spicy. Also coffee seems to work. Somehow sitting down with a hot cup of coffee (maybe not so good for Florida?) gets my mind off things.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh MAN, i have not tasted my sweat yet. The next time i jump I'm going to lick my arm. GOOD IDEA jenny

    ReplyDelete