Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Day 8 - CHAOS

Ok, first, I need to get something of my chest $^@%*!$*%&!()*$!!!!!! I feel better. I've been waiting all day to let that out. Wow, it's been a long, long crazy day. But, let me start with my last non-PCP meal. Pizza! I had a very specific place in mind, Big Lou's...good pizza and a huge variety of toppings. I called at 9PM to place a pick-up order....the lady on the other end said, we're closed for the night. Ummmmm...you're what???? Ooooookay, back up plan. Satchel's. Closed on Mondays. Shit. I was not about to get my last pizza slice for months from Five Star, the late night drunk pizza place. But, I worked it out. See product below.


And, me enjoying said product.


Fast forward to this morning. For some reason, I thought I was prepared to deal with this change in diet. I was sorely mistaken. I mean, wtf, Patrick! Is this like a shock and awe? Bam, here's your new diets, mid-week, go! Really, I guess it's more like sink or swim. I stayed above water, barely. It took me an hour and a half to pull together breakfast and lunch for the day. I kept reaching for things I would have used before realizing that they were now deemed no touchies! ARGH!!! Stupid habits. I looked longingly at the last of my blueberry frosted mini-wheats. Oh, how easy to just pour in bowl, add milk and eat. Personally, I like my food to taste good. I can't say that I felt that much of the food I ate for breakfast or lunch really tasted good. It was ok, just not good. Well, the peaches and blueberries were f'n awesome, actually! Part of the problem was that I hadn't planned for the protein. So, ended up opening a can of tuna and sadly realized I could not add mayonnaise. :(!!! So, I tried the last of my plain low fat yogurt. It was weird, edible, but weird. I'll spare you the rest of the details. Let's just say, I made it, by the skin of my teeth. I stopped at the grocery store tonight. I'm stocked on shrimp, fish & scallops now.

But, Patrick made up for this sink or swim strategy by informing me that a little fresh coconut in my rice was ok. If I could reach you, I'd hug you. Good news is, I probably burned more calories trying to open it than I gained eating it. The small glass of coconut water in the glass to the left was delicious in my rice tonight.


Accompanied by black beans (yum!) and steamed zucchini with a little lime juice squeezed over the top. A decent end to an interestingly difficult food day. The workout was nice tonight. I saved it for the evening, and it was cool and breezy outside. Everything went well, but I had the same problem as Royce with the Davincis. I pulled as high as I could...definitely felt like I was working. My push-ups are actually amazing me. I've never been good at them before, but I'm rocking them right now.

Alright, the Paddle down here in Gainesville is signing out. Still, need to prep a couple things before bedtime.

P.S. If any of you like good music (and I'm sure you all do), the new Damian Marley/Nas collaboration is awesome! Distant Relatives, check it out. It kept me company in the kitchen tonight. x's & o's!

7 comments:

  1. yuum! that pizza looks so good. I know, it takes for ever to prepare these meals! oh well. we will be thankfull.

    ReplyDelete
  2. #^$*^*$(*&(#*^@!!!!!! I'll second that. haha it was a sink or swim thing, i'm glad I swam. Glad you did too! I'M ALSO glad i'm not the only one struggling to do one DAMN FULL DAVINCI! THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good call with the pizza. That was my Last (pre-PCP) Supper as well...you'll get into a groove with the food fairly quickly as you find out what works and what you like...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm also a gimp with the DaVinci. Feel like I can hardly pull up much, but it's a start I suppose...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't get far on the Davinci either, so it's not just you!

    Definitely a tough day food-wise. Changing habits is hard! Sounds like you got through it with good humor. (Tuna + yogurt = WTF??)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is it okay to use the lighter resistance cables for the DaVinci? I switched when I found it impossible to budget the big thick cable. It was still hard but not impossible.

    Hang in there. I like that you are so honest about the food! You might try frying your rice with the egg, some onion and garlic in just a bit of olive oil. Add pepper and lemon. It's amazing how little oil you need if you keep the pan pretty hot.

    1. A little olive oil. Heat to hot but not smoking.
    2. Throw the onion and garlic in first - let them get all carmelized.
    3. Throw in any protein (fish/chicken) cut up the chicken pretty small.
    4. Then the egg and then the rice.
    5. Finally a good bit of lemon and plenty of pepper. (Red or black)

    Just an idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't forget you can stand on the band with one foot to make davinci's easier.

    ReplyDelete