Friday, June 4, 2010

Day 4 - Reach for the sun

I'm calling this the little sunflower that could. She survived the initial deer invasion that devastated my other sunflowers. The ones I replanted are half as tall as this proud lady. She stretched her leaves to the sun and reached 9 ft. before revealing her beautiful face to the world. I kinda thought she could inspire us to continue the climb to the peak.

And, with that, I'm off to face the weekend. My biggest challenge this weekend...stay away from the drinking! On the schedule for this evening is watching this fabulously horrible version of Sherlock Holmes (same folks that made Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus, a must see), but these types of movies usually involve some serious drinking. I will keep my resolve. No beer shall pass these lips!

Day 4 complete and onto Day 5. Enjoy your Friday, m'lovies!

4 comments:

  1. I love your garden, Jenny. I'll post a picture of mine in a day or two and you will LAUGH...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love sunflowers, great inspiration! hmm I think I see that mega shark octopus movie everytime im at the video shop! ok, im gona get it out this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. MEGA SHARK OCTOPUS???

    what a lovely sunflower!

    NO BEER FOR YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What I love about sunflowers are their ability to literally turn towards the sun.

    Good luck on the no beer.

    ReplyDelete