Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Cravings? What cravings?


Mmmmmm....beer. Seriously, in my non-PCP life, it was a rough day. Personal drama, trust me, you don't want to know. But when I got home, this beautiful ice cold beer looked refreshing and delicious. Luckily, we are still on half diets, so the half I recapped and did not drink with my fish taco last night was waiting for me. And, yes, it was refreshing AND delicious. But, this picture represents the last of these beautiful Fire Rock Pale Ales hanging out in my fridge. I promise not to buy anymore. You know, I was surprised at how well a half beer quieted my hunger pangs.

Half-diet is going well. Hunger pangs are most severe from 11 AM to 6-7ish in the evening. I can't explain it. I'm fine in the morning, eat breakfast and fine until almost lunchtime. Eat my half lunch, still hungry, hungry for the rest of the day and then bam, I eat a small dinner and I feel ok again. Any ideas? Why those hours specifically?

Work-out went well. The leg lifts were definitely challenging...I felt them. And, I am definitely sore from push-ups. I made it out for a 3 mile run this morning, too. So, all in all, things are going well in my PCP life.

3 comments:

  1. bah!? a run!? good for you!
    I've been pretty lazy today besides my workout, watchin MOOOVAYS , readin books!

    You inspired me, I'll go for a 3 hour walk somewhere i've never been before , OH YES!

    Save the other half of the beer for me HONAY! when we finish this thing. Though i'm more of a vodka man

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am super impressed that you're going for a run on top of all this! I mean, I know we're not doing much at this point, but you GO!

    Mmmmm... beer... there is a special cruelty to doing the PCP in the summer when a cold beer is just the thing. That beer will taste even better on the other side of all this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A run.... Man o man...

    Funny what we crave. Beer. It seems to be more than just the taste. It's the whole thing, the sitting, the leaning back. The feeling like you are done with something.

    ReplyDelete