Sunday, June 13, 2010

Day 13 - Explosion

And, not the good kind. This morning, while jumping, I watched the motor on my water pump start smoking and explode. Not a gigantic explosion. It just popped its top. Very dramatic, though. All the sudden I was without water. I have contingency plans in order for these situations, mostly in case of hurricanes. But, all these contingency plans equal extra work all 'round.

But, I've cooked enough food to feed an army and I'm ready for the week. Laundry, check. Shower, check. Garden watered, shit! :) Ah well, some things you just have to let go of and hope it works out. Keep your fingers crossed that the pump is fixed by tomorrow. Life sucks without water, esp. when it's in the upper 90's and the only respite from the heat are cold showers (lots of them) and mooching off of friend's A/C.

3 comments:

  1. AHHH I hope it all works out for you Jenny!

    What a time to have your water explode all over the place

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw bugger, hope it works out! ooh id love the heat right now, its cold here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fingers crossed. You will find a way. You have a will.

    Sounds like you are so organized. Food cooked for the week!
    Wow. Inspiring...

    ReplyDelete