Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Day 86 - Super What?!

Wow. I won't spoil what super sets are for those behind us, but the first and last parts of today's workouts were the ULTIMATE torture.

Okay, I'm not trying to brag here (well, maybe a little...), but abs are torturous because I just can't seem to make them give out on me. I mean, of course, they give out, but not like pull-ups and chest dips. I fail at those in a flash. But, abs lasts FOREVER. Okay, okay, I know this isn't a bad thing. I should be happy with myself, but dude, I got shit to do! So, Elena, I'm sorry, I got you on the planks. Plank #1, 3:25. After that, I stopped looking at the watch. I'm gunning for 5 minutes next time round. Not sure if that's possible but I sure will try!

I made it to the gym yesterday, and my oh my, did it make me feel old. I sorta realized that I cannot handle all the insane sensory stimulation that the generation behind me seems to crave. The visit was overwhelming to say the least! I'll write a full post on it soon.

I just wanted to check back in and let you guys know I hadn't melted into a pool of tears or something. Thanks for all the love, and also, thanks to all the Facebook people who sent love, too. To be honest, I'm amazed by the response, and as one of my friends replied on FB, telling your story is a great way to let it go and move onto other stories.

UPDATE: I just sheepishly realized that I can MODIFY the planks to make the HARDER. Duh! Still gunning for 5 minutes....

5 comments:

  1. You and Elena are blowing my mind/terrifying me with your planks. I'm so scared for what is coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my god, 3:25! it's on now. competition officially started. updates after next plank day! nothing to light the fire than some friendly competition!

    ReplyDelete
  3. DAMN, you all are impressive! I will be cheering you on in your quest for 5 minute planks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to be a wet blanket, but more time ISN'T BETTER! So do whatever you have to do to fail it out. Raise a leg, keep your abs tight, spread the shoulderblades to the side, anything that makes it harder, do it.

    We put no value in big numbers of reps or long hold times. The only thing that is of value is your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bah, bologna, you love being the wet blanket. FINE, I will raise my leg and FAIL.

    ReplyDelete