Monday, August 16, 2010

Day 77 - It's the return!

Of mah appetite! Thank the Gods! I was really starting to worry about myself. How could I not be hungry yet be working my little bootie so hard? Maybe my indulgence kicked it back in? At any rate, glad to have it back, especially with my increased food portions. To be honest, the diet is a lot of food for me. I'm not used to stuffing so much food in my mouth, but I guess when it's not super fatty, sugary, salty foods, I can eat more of it. Hey, whatever works!

I've found that spreading my carbs and veg out a little bit over the day reduces the gas and makes it much easier to get it all down. I caught the vegetable recommendation from Kowhai's bloat post. So, for instance, today, I ate whole wheat linguini topped with a ground turkey, mushroomy, peppery tomato sauce. Then, brought raw veggies (cucumbers, carrots and radishes) to nom on thru the rest of the afternoon. I saved some of my carbs to eat with my afternoon tea, yogurt and a slice of raisin bread. Let's not forget the egg white, oh YUM! :)

Not much else to report. A sneak preview of tomorrow's post: Finishing up my Belize stories with some pictures of my little house and workout area. Also, some thoughts on the Belize City farmer's market.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, it seems like a lot of food now! My time is often short so I find myself shoveling it in, which I don't really like. I like your idea of spreading it out a little bit, especially saving some carbs for afternoon tea.

    Yes, want to hear more about Belize!

    ReplyDelete
  2. eat em UP, EAT THE UNIVERSE, DEVOUR EVERYTHING. UNTIL THERE IS NOTHING ELSE LEFT BUT YOUR BICEPS!!!

    ReplyDelete