Thursday, August 19, 2010

Day 80 - Holy Green Goo!

Gooey snot is starting to ooze from my head. Oh yay! I ended up leaving work early again today, just felt horrendous and body was calling for a nap. I was a little resentful of the heat this afternoon. Usually, I'm ok with it, but today I wanted some A/C to cool it down to a reasonable 82 for sleeping purposes. I dozed and sweated and dozed and sweated some more. Until I finally said, screw it and got up to eat my yogurt and egg and play with the blog. Honestly, I don't have much to say, but at Deborah's suggestion and Elena's inspiration, I took a fridge picture. Behold, the fridge of chaotic order!

I cut up a honey dew last night, YUMMY! I remember this type of yellow melon in Morocco (where I did my first Peace Corps service) with a taste somewhere in between honeydew and cantaloupe. I love, loved that melon...I've never eaten it anywhere else. I wish I could find it here. Also, have some water buffalo T-bones marinating in there. There's a professor here that raises water buffalo. I was disappointed to find out that Wortershire sauce has high fructose corn syrup in it. :( SAD. So, I marinated them with some non-salt steak season, low-sodium soy and a little honey. Cookin' em up tonight. Also, I bought that gallon of milk on Sunday. Holy crap, I'm going through some MILK! I roasted a chicken last night and made chicken tacos with the meat. Oh god, so freakin' good! Had 3 for lunch today...it was a lot of food. I'm eating ALOT of food right now. WHERE DOES IT GO??? I'll probably have to clean out that door at some point. Get rid of all the stuff with evil ingredients.

PS It just rained hard enough here for it to puddle at my front door. The sun was out the entire time, and there was blue sky in all directions. Only in Florida does rain fall on one man's house, or in this case, woman's house.

UPDATE: New pics posted.

6 comments:

  1. Good stuff. Keep on keeping on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When were you in Morocco? I have another friend who did Peace Corps in Morocco too and *loved* it.

    Yeah, the food thing is crazy. It does feel like we're eating a ton. Frankly, I would be happy to cut back a little. But maybe that's just Diet Brain talking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, your pictures are amazing! you've ROCKED the pcp!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahMAZing photos - both of your fridge and your muscle bod! intimidating, impressive and inspiring all at once!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your fridge contents! it doesn't look chaotic at all. also uber impressed with your new pics. your abs are glorious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice fridge. Sorry you are sick. You will get better. Let your immune troops do their thing.

    Chicken tacos. That's what I'm having tonight. Oh, no I have to go to a friend's house. Not that it's bad. I think we're having grilled pizza. Hmmm... Friends....cool

    ReplyDelete