Monday, August 9, 2010

Day 70 - Food poisoning?

I woke up this morning with horrible stomach cramps, followed by even worse diarrhea. Sorry, it's true. As the day wore on, I got feverish with muscle cramps and a headache. I forced food down because I wasn't hungry but felt I needed to be eating. I also forced myself through jumps this morning, which weren't too bad but difficult with the cramping. I'm feeling much better now, cramping pretty much gone, but very, very tired. This will be a short post and then off to bed to sleep and recover.

I'm speculating it was a raw egg. That makes me sad because the culprit would be my local eggs. Not sure. I've continued with my raw eggs and am getting better. I know at this point most people would be like forget it, boil them, but maybe it wasn't the eggs. Maybe it's something else? Meh, who knows? Here's hoping I feel 100% better tomorrow!

As an afterthought, I found myself craving a piece of dark chocolate or a bag of skittles or a coke, something sweet & indulgent. I mean, wtf? Why would I want those thing when my stomach is a disaster. Maybe a comfort thing?

UPDATE: I wonder if it was the drinkable yogurt that was in my fridge the entire time I was out of town. It didn't taste too bad, but it was a couple weeks old. Hmmmm....getting rid of it and visiting the store tomorrow.

7 comments:

  1. i'd blame it on the old yogurt too - but, yucko! i hope you feel all the way better tomorrow, jenny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was the YOOOGUUUURT, FOR SUUURE.

    never had a raw egg do ME wrong before.

    WELCOME BACK FROM VACAATION DEAR JENNY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take care!
    Hope you fell better sooooon!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Might have been something you had south of the border. Those germs can "germinate" and create havoc later.

    I loved your last post, by the way. Didn't comment. Love how we are all confessing and stumbling. But wanting to be strong and sleek. So glad you didn't say no.

    You're looking doing being living great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sorry bout the food poisoning, that really sucks.

    Chocolate craving is definitely a comfort thing. When I had my bout with LI, all I wanted was chocolate and cookies even though my stomach was rejecting everything.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I think you're looking for some kind of comfort food. When we feel weak and vulnerable, we want something familiar and enveloping.

    Ugh, rest up! Usually these kinds of things are violent but brief. Then you'll need a lot of sleep and good food to get your strength back. Good thing you're already in great condition!

    ReplyDelete