Friday, August 13, 2010

Day 74 - Double jumps

Finally, finally, I have successfully done a double jump and continued my jumping. Well, really, finally I've done a double jump. I have been trying and trying and never been able to get my rope around in time. I suspect shortening my rope was the key to my success. Thanks, Patrick. Though, I know my coordination and confidence with the rope are much improved, too. I did 6 double jumps in a continuous set today. Life is good.

I've been super sore this week. My legs were noticeably weaker today than they were on Tuesday, and they were still a bit sore. I think this week is my sorest PCP week so far. That's good, though. Means I've been really pushing myself. Also, my abs are tight. TIGHT. I feel it when I'm standing, walking around and just in general all the time. It's a strange, strange feeling. I can't even force myself to slump nowadays, and I'm all jittery when I sit too long. I have to get up and move around my office at least every half hour or 45 minutes. My legs get tight and uncomfortable if I don't.

And, also, I just want to report how wonderful my day was yesterday. Nothing special happened other than I just sort went through my day with a calm, clear mind. I actually had this beautiful, random tingly sensation of pure joy when I was driving to my landlord's house to pay my rent. That was kinda special. :) Part of my rent requirement is that I drive over there and spend a short time visiting with them. It's a nice relationship. They are an elderly, retired couple. Fascinating folks. Built a sailboat and sailed to the Bahamas every summer when they were my age. Amazing. Anyway, point is, my day was packed full, but I went through it with a kind of acceptance of everything. No stress when I was late. No annoyance when my boss pushed me to meet a deadline, which I met. Just calm. I wish everyday were like yesterday. Maybe I'm getting a little closer to the balance I'm striving for? I don't expect everyday to be like that in the future, but I plan on working to make more days like it. Because in the end, these things don't just magically become a part of our life. We become calm and balanced through practice, lots of practice.

6 comments:

  1. Love that tight ab feeling. I know exactly what you mean.

    Sore heavy legs means next week is going to be awesomely strong. Look for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Double jumps = awesome! I've tried a few times and so far have just managed to whip the hell out of my shins.

    Wow, love the idea of just moving serenely through your busy day. Hope it happens again! But if it doesn't, I know you'll handle it. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes on double jumps! i finally tried them monday and by today I was pounding them out every few minutes. so fun! (though so painful when you miss and whip yourself...uggg

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh i havnt given double jumps a go yet. ive tried before and just couldnt do it. im guessing ill get the big whip too, ouch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just tried double jumps now... same as Tara, I whipped the front of my ankle ! Mmmmm I used to do those things so easily 40 years ago, OMG none of you were even born... So I just have to practice!

    My landlord live right next to my house, very lovely family. They sometimes give me veggies in season and I always bring some souvenir when I go on a trip. It's nice to have a good relationship with your landlord. Especially I live by myself, I feel secure.

    Happy jumping : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mind/soul and body are one.

    The health of your body is beginning to affect your mind/soul.

    ReplyDelete