Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Day 79 - Halfsies

I woke up this morning with a wicked sore throat. Wait, let me back up. I came home yesterday with plans to mow the lawn, sat down on my couch with my yogurt, got really sleepy....so, I laid down on the couch and crashed for a half hour. I mean, I was really, really exhausted. When I roused myself to go eat tacos and swim with some friends (PCP friendly), I had the hint of a scratch in the back of my throat. I thought, shit, I'm getting sick. This morning, it's confirmed. I'm sick. Not a knock me out of commission type sick, but an annoying, painful throat, fatiguey type sick. ~sigh~ Seriously, right here at the last push my body is going to revolt on me?? So, I decided to make today a half day. Half everything (well, not half food), but half work day and half workout. Let me just say, that even a half a workout at this stage is no walk in the park. I'm trying to figure out how in the hell I did those 5 planks on Saturday morning. I did 3 today and was right tired. Then again, if I'm sick, my body isn't as able to hold up to the demands as easily.

Anyway, still have that Belize post coming...I'll get it out this afternoon. I'll come home and sit on my couch and do nothing physical, except cook. :) No reason why I can't blog while I'm vegged out on the sofa.

4 comments:

  1. I have this weird theory that being a "little" sick (that is something like a cold or the flu) is good for our bodies because it keeps our immune system on alert.

    We have "big" disease running through our bodies - cancer cells, arteries to clear and so on, and our immune system is constantly working on problems.

    Like a little team of custodians, or an elite military strike team, they are sent out. I think they need to keep at it - not get lazy or go south for the winter.

    A little cold is good practice for them.

    But you've got to let them get at it - rest is good so that they don't have to deal with daily stress and bother.

    That's my weird theory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jenny, Please take good care of yourself.
    Drink Hot ginger tea with honey. Rest, rest, rest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. half day was a good move! take it easy and rest up - i'm sure this is just your body's way of telling you to give it a little break.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good call. Keep eating, even if you're not hungry.

    ReplyDelete