Sunday, August 15, 2010

Day 76 - Tapas Pig-Out

Before I get to my final indulgence (which was indulgently extra indulgent), let's give some updates on working out and general energy levels. I ran this morning instead of jumping. I haven't run since the Peachtree, so thought it was about time to get out there and enjoy my favorite trail. I did the 4 mile loop in 35:15, so that's under 9-minute miles. Huge improvements. I've never consistently run anything under 9 1/2 minute miles. That said, the humidity was atrocious this morning. So bad that another runner actually commented to me, "I don't know about you, but that run humbled me." I was feeling the same way. Rivulets of sweat streaming down my body, I said, "No shit! It's friggin' humid!" Ah, the eloquence. Anyway, the run zapped me. I took me till 5 PM to feel ready to do the strength work. I got my chin even with the bar during pull-ups today. Not quite a full pull-up, but centimeters away.

My energy levels have definitely dropped in the last 24 hours. I'm sure you've all noticed my recent exuberant posts. :) Maybe it was PCP-style PMS (endorphin induced delirious happiness instead of bloat and depression?), because my period is starting today. I felt the first slight pangs of it this morning before my run and suspect this combined with my humid run are the reasons for my dramatically decreased energy levels. Napped today, read today, fought to motivate myself to do much of anything today. :) Ah, it's Sunday and rainy. I'll be easy on myself.

My last indulgence was a wonderful experience. I went to a tapas restaurant in St. Pete with my friends, Chuck and Leslie. The same couple who ran the Peachtree with me. I ate so much that I thought I was going to explode, literally. It felt like all that food was trying to escape out my abs! I had some serious muscle cramping. Not stomach cramps, people. My ab muscles were cramping. I've never felt anything like it. Below you'll find a picture diary of my dining experience, remember all dishes were shared among three people. I didn't eat all this food. :)

Olives and marinated mushrooms. Salty goodness.

Beef tenderloin topped with an absurd amount of blue cheese. My favorite dish. I ate the majority of that blue cheese. Every bite was fantastic.

Scallops topped with an 'M' cheese (can't remember) in a beschamel sauce. My second favorite dish. So YUM!

In that cocktail dish is some sushi grade tuna in a salty lemony marinade. And, then some fried chicken, ham, cheese goodness in the background.

Me stuffing my mouth with a veal, chorizo, pork meatball and my second glass of sangria. I don't usually eat veal (eating baby cows that never dance in the world makes me feel guilty) but I wanted the chorizo in the meatball. I didn't figure they could just take the veal out.
Last but FAR from least. Tres leches. I went to the bathroom and came back to find this monstrosity parked in front of me. I'm not gonna lie; it was fantastic. I could only get 4 bites down, though. So rich! I did make sure to finish off all fruit on the plate.

Indulgence #3. I think I indulged right nicely, but I couldn't function afterwards. All I could do was lay down on my mattress and moan. I drank 3 sangrias, but luckily, I woke up the next day with no aftereffects. I got up. I did some extra jumping even. Pushed out those 5 90-second planks...even added an extra 10 seconds onto the last one. I think the music I was listening to did the trick. And, it was all good.

5 comments:

  1. thank you jenny darling!

    that CHEESE LOOKS DELICIOUS!!!!!

    FEAST FOR ME

    IN MY NAME,

    THE LORD OF INDULGENCES

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a real nice INDULGENCE !!

    Your smile is the best !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bee-yoo-ti-ful. That scallop dish looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete